Vacancy: Project Manager / Assistant Curator
Deadline: 9 August
Human Activities is an art institute founded by artist Renzo Martens. We believe that artistic critique on inequality should redress that inequality. We support our Congolese sister organisation le Cercle d’Art des Travailleurs de Plantation Congolaise (CATPC) based on a former Unilever plantation in Congo in the development of the ecological, inclusive and workers owned post-plantation on exhausted plantation lands, inspired and financed by art. Our work integrates art, film, museology, ecology and regenerative economies. Human Activities is based in Amsterdam and operates internationally.
We are looking for a new colleague for 32-38 hours per week, who can support Human Activities and CATPC in:
- Project development: research on art, film, museology, ecology and regenerative economies for the further support of CATPC and further development of the post plantation.
- Project management: coordination, preparation and execution exhibitions, events, conferences, film productions, etc., including financial and organisational planning.
- Fundraising: identify opportunities and write application texts.
We are looking for:
- Affinity, connection and interest in contemporary art, film, museology, ecology, regenerative economy and/or Congo, and the global South;
- Ambitious, academic thinking and working level;
- Excellent writer with excellent command of English, at least basic level of French;
- Hands-on and accurate;
- Experience in a similar position as project manager or assistant curator;
- At a travelable distance from Amsterdam;
- Flexibility: working hours and workload may vary.
- The opportunity to work in an internationally operating and idealistic organisation that covers a broad field of activities and, perhaps most importantly, generates ecological, inclusive and workers owned post-plantation on exhausted plantation lands, inspired and financed by art.
- A reasonable salary and a contract for 12 months, with the intention of extending.
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter to Janke Brands: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 9. If you have any questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address.