Vacancy: Intern Landscape Restoration / Ecological Agriculture
Deadline: 25 July
Human Activities is an art institute founded by artist Renzo Martens. We work from the principle that critical art should have material effects. Symbolic change alone is not enough. Our work reaches from art and film to ecology and regenerative agriculture. The institute is based in Amsterdam and works internationally. Together with our Congolese sister organisation le Cercle d’Art des Travailleurs de Plantation Congolaise (CATPC) we develop an ecological, inclusive post-plantation, inspired and financed by art.
With the income from their art, CATPC have currently acquired concessions of 100 hectares of depleted plantation land. The aim is to restore this land, provide food security and mitigate climate change. We collaborate with a Congolese organisation who are experts in the field of agroforestry. We are in the process of acquiring more land concessions. The goal is to restore 2.000 hectare of land, and develop the Post-Plantation, a sustainable, ecological community-owned model, that will serve as an alternative to monoculture.
The internship consists of the following:
- Develop with the Congolese partners new plans for the restoration of the new land.
- Implement these plans and follow up.
- Follow-up on the execution of the plans.
We are looking for:
- Affinity, connection or roots with/in Congo, Africa or global south;
- Enthusiasm for both the job and the content of our program;
- At least basic level of French;
- The opportunity to work in an internationally operating organisation that covers a broad field of activities and, perhaps most importantly, for an idealistic cause;
- An internship allowance
- The opportunity to visit the project in Congo
- Possibility to do research
- Supervision from the organisation
- Duration of internship can be determined in consultation.
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter to Janke Brands: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 25, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address.