Vacancy: Intern Projects and Exhibitions
1 September 2023
Human Activities is an art institute founded by artist Renzo Martens. We want to prove that art about economic inequality can redress inequality, not just symbolically, but in real, material, terms. Our work ranges from art and film to ecology and regenerative agriculture. We are based in Amsterdam and work internationally. Together with our Congolese sister organisation le Cercle d’Art des Travailleurs de Plantation Congolaise (CATPC) we develop an ecological, inclusive post-plantation, inspired and financed by art. CATPC will be representing the Netherlands in the upcoming Venice Biennale.
What will you do:
Together with the Projects and Communication officer you will work on:
- Coordinating exhibitions and screenings in liaison with artists and their galleries
- Coordinating international travel of the artists
- Archiving and organizing images, videos, press articles and more
Depending on your field of interest and availability for the internship, the task package may be adjusted.
We are looking for:
- Affinity, connection or roots with/in Congo, Africa or global south;
- Enthusiasm for both the tasks and the mission of our work;
- Living in or within travelable distance of Amsterdam;
- Excellent command of English, preferably basic level of French
- The opportunity to work in an internationally operating organisation that covers a broad field of activities and, perhaps most importantly, for an idealistic cause;
- An internship allowance
- Mentoring from the organization
- Hours per week and duration of internship can be determined in consultation
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter to Nikki Omes: email@example.com, no later than September 29, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address.